Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Application Deadline March 2, 2012
At Wellmark we strive to offer meaningful work that assists in your professional development and provides value to the team; you will come away from an internship with Wellmark’s Corporate and Marketing Communications team with a strong portfolio of communications samples (collateral, newsletter articles, testimonials, etc.). 2012 is an exciting year for the Marketing Communications department with an emphasis placed on building our direct to consumer marketing and communications capabilities. As an Intern for Corporate and Marketing Communications you will provide tactical support to the Individual Under 65 Segment Communications Manager; some examples of projects you may work on would be the following:
- Execution of the new WHPI product launch for the individual market. This will include writing copy, coordination with design and web functions and developing communications for our broker/agent audiences.
- Collaboration with the Segment Communications Manager to develop a playbook for the annual Iowa re-rate process, including gathering past data and standards and developing a "best practice" standard to improve processes and speed to market for future re-rates.
- Writing and posting sales bulletins to keep the sales team informed of various communications efforts.
Hiring Specifications Required:
To be considered you will be a Senior in a college Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or related program and have:
- Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft office products
- Excellent writing skills
- Professional experience in an office work environment, preferably in communications
- Work with internal stakeholders cross-departmentally to understand business objectives and communication requirements to provide writing and administrative support to the Sales & Marketing division.
- Write and edit copy for a variety of communication platforms.
- Collaborate with design and web staff to deliver a range of communications solutions.
Des Moines, Iowa
Name: Stacy Lovan
Employer: Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Title: HR Specialist-Recruitment
Phone: (515) 376-5332
Address: 1331 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA
50309 United States