The Des Moines Menace
Application Deadline March 7, 2012
Do you have a passion for sports broadcasting and the ability to communicate in a way that gets others excited? The Des Moines Menace is searching for an enthusiastic public-address announcer who can professionally inform fans of the action on the field, while injecting life into the promotions, sponsor copy and other announcements.
This part-time summer internship contributes to the marketing and game-day operations of the Menace, Iowa’s premier soccer team. Duties include:
- At Menace games, embracing the role of public-address announcer. This includes pregame announcements and starting-lineup introductions, in-game announcements, sponsor copy and other announcements, promotions, half-time entertainment and post-game script.
- As PA announcer, also playing the background music and contributing ideas for ways to improve the play lists (pre-game, half-time, post-game) and other elements of the fan experience.
- Helping coordinate the PA script book, writing and updating sponsorship and promotional content, as well as information that keeps fans up-to-date on the Menace’s season and stats.
- Playing an active role on Menace game days, helping with stadium setup and teardown.
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Experience with public speaking, preferably in sports announcing.
- A voice that resonates and clearly communicates a broad range of announcements.
- Comfortable operating sound equipment.
- High levels of responsibility and organization, with the ability to read from script and improvise.
- A passion for sports and a working knowledge of the game of soccer.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
- Willing to work nights and weekends.
- Able to commit to working from sun-up to sun-down on all Menace home dates. The season starts in early May and runs through July, possibly into August.
- Open to constructive criticism and others’ suggestions and ideas.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Proven team player who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
As part of the same corporate family as Kum & Go convenience stores, all Menace associates are expected to uphold the company's values: Integrity, Work Ethic, Professionalism, Discipline, Teamwork, Family, and Caring.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Adam Small at email@example.com and follow up with a phone call: (515) 457 6365. Deadline is Feb. 28, 2011.
Please note: The Menace is also searching for a broadcasting/marketing and promotions intern to be the “on-field voice” at home games, leading the in-game promotions and halftime entertainment.