Here are links to select recent appearances, as well as upcoming dates. If you would like for me to make a live or virtual appearance on your campus, blog or journalism conference, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Polarizing Images Photography Convention, Oct. 2, 2012, Chicago, Ill.
- Fall National College Media Convention, Chicago, Ill., Sheraton Hotel, Nov. 1-4, 2012
- Workshop leader, Associated Collegiate Press Summer Workshops, Minneapolis, Minn., Aug. 1-5. Worked with five other media professionals to direct a team of 60 college journalists to produce a comprehensive multimedia journalism product in 48 hours: www.acpsws.com
- "Advice from @comminternships," Guest Blog, JessASPRing, a public relations jobs blog, July 30, 2012.
- Missouri College Media Association Annual Convention, April 14, 2012, 4 p.m., Missouri Western University, St. Joseph, Mo.
- "How to Land Your First Communications Job," #ConnectChat, The biweekly ProfNet Connect Twitter chat, hosted by @ProfNet, March 28, 2012
- The Spring National College Media Convention, New York City, March 20, 2012 (special thanks to Grace Lavigne for attending and posting this summary of my session with Katie Harrison at this event)
- "Why you should use LinkedIn," a guest blog for www.profkrg.com, March 19, 2012.
- "Freelance Focus: Nonwriting Skills for Writers," a guest appearance on the ProfNet Connect blog with Maria Perez, Feb. 8, 2012.
- "@CommInternships: A Column on Journalism 2.0 Jobs and Internships #2 (@QUCommCareers)," A blog post detailing who uses the Twitter feed and why for College Media Matters, Jan. 30, 2012
- "@CommInternships: An Aggregator to Inform Students About Available Jobs, Internships," a guest blog for College Media Matters, detailing the purpose of the Twitter feed, Dec. 19, 2011.