The Des Moines Menace
Application Deadline Feb. 29, 2012
Are you a marketing superstar who is comfortable speaking in front of large crowds? Do you have a passion for sports marketing and promotions? Do you have a fun personality and the ability to share your enthusiasm with others?
This part-time summer internship contributes to the marketing and game-day operations of the Menace, Iowa’s premier soccer team. Duties include:
- Being the “on-field voice” at home games, leading promotions and halftime entertainment and enthusiastically describing these events to our fans.
- Playing an active role on Menace game days, helping with stadium setup and teardown – in addition to your in-game role focused on promotions, customer service and marketing.
- Carrying out the team’s marketing strategies at community events on game days.
- As available, assisting with marketing and group-sales initiatives on weekdays.
- As available, assisting with the organization’s youth programs.
- Other projects and duties, as directed by Menace Director of Operations.
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Experience with public speaking; knowledge of soccer is a big plus.
- A voice that resonates and clearly communicates to large crowds.
- High levels of creativity and enthusiasm, with the ability to improvise.
- Desire to make contributions and to learn while gaining marketing, promotions and operations experience in the sports industry.
- Willing to work nights and weekends, able to commit to working from sun-up to sun-down on all Menace home dates. The season starts in early May and runs through July, possibly into August.
- Top-notch customer service and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Proven team player who is willing to take on responsibilities and do what it takes to get the job done.
As part of the same corporate family as Kum & Go convenience stores, all Menace associates are expected to uphold the company's values: Integrity, Work Ethic, Professionalism, Discipline, Teamwork, Family, and Caring.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Adam Small at email@example.com and follow up with a phone call: (515) 457 6365. Deadline is Feb. 29, 2012.