Working under the direction of the Executive Director and senior staff, the intern will learn about all aspects of amateur golf administration including the following:
General office administration
- Compile and maintain office records.
- Answer phone and respond to inquiries.
- Assist with mailings and preparation for seminars, meetings and championships.
- Process and package membership materials for shipping.
- Assist in all aspects of tournament administration - pairings, mailings to contestants, scoring, course
- marking, rules, etc.
- Assist with preparation of information for competitors.
- Prepare score sheets for scoreboards and competition scorecards.
- Assist Rules Officials and Administrators at tournament sites.
- Compile data for Player of the Year Points System.
- Take photographs and/or video at tournament sites.
- Assist with preparation of items for website and news outlets.
- Help prepare reports for media and articles for association publications.
- Assist in writing and posting material on association’s web site and e-newsletter.
- Assist in writing and layout of Yearbook, Membership Directory and Club Calendar
- Assist with administration of handicap services.
- Assist with preparation and conduct of meetings and seminars.
- Assist course raters in the field.
- Assist in computer input of data and production of rating reports for clubs.
May through August 2012
- Strong consideration will be given to individuals who:
- Are pursuing an education in sports administration, marketing or a related field;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- Have strong computer skills (website, graphic design, publishing software knowledge a big plus);
- Have a background in and an appreciation for the game of golf.
Employer: Iowa Golf Association
Name: Bill Dickens
Title: Executive Director