Riverhead Resources, Des Moines
Application Deadline: March 31, 2012
Riverhead Resources, a business services consulting firm, is seeking a full time paid summer Marketing Intern to assist with the development and execution of client marketing strategies. Riverhead Resources is a member of the Riley Resource Group and supports all marketing efforts for Feed Energy, FEC Solutions and Decision Innovation Solutions.
Riverhead Resources is looking for an outgoing, entrepreneurial minded student with a strong interest in pursuing a career in marketing. The Marketing Intern can expect to be exposed to all aspects of marketing communication, become an active member of the Des Moines Chapter of the American Marketing Association and lead marketing initiatives supporting entrepreneurial companies.
Job Duties Include:
- Event Planning – organize and coordinate events, tradeshows and meetings
- Public Relations – write press releases, coordinate media events and create campaigns
- Newsletter – write copy and lead layout of internal and external newsletters
- Social Media – lead all social media efforts for client organizations including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Develop social media strategy and policies
- Crisis Communication – support Marketing Coordinator on crisis communication plan development
- Research – conduct market and new product development research. Coordinate voice of customer (VOC) research activities
- Web sites – Monitor and develop content for client Web sites
Des Moines, Iowa
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years college experience with significant coursework in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Business
- Strong knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Knowledge of Social Media preferred
Employer: Riverhead Resources
Name: Amanda R Blackman
Address: 3121 Dean Ave.
Des Moines, Iowa