Iowa League of Cities All-Star Community Award Internship
Application Deadline March 15, 2012
The following outlines the role, responsibilities and expectations for the League’s All-Star Community Award internship:
- Perform and complete videography services in connection with the League’s All-Star Community Awards project.
- Project begins around May 1 and will need to be completed by August 15.
- Project consists of the preparation of four to five videos, totaling about 18 minutes in length.
- Each video will include audio and visual elements.
- Accompany the League’s communications coordinator on trips to the winning cities. The communications coordinator will conduct all interviews with winning cities and will handle all correspondence with winning cities.
- Provide the equipment to record the video and audio of all interviews and information for the videos, and will use his/her own time and equipment to complete the videos.
- Work with the League’s communications coordinator to complete the process in a timely and mutually agreed upon fashion.
- Final videos produced will be the property of the League and of the intern, with both parties having the right to use the final product as they see fit without the consent of the other party.
- Provide the League with multiple copies of the videos and raw footage on DVDs. An electronic copy of the video, which can be posted online, will also need to be provided.
- Should have a valid driver’s license. Although he/she probably won’t be driving a League vehicle, this is a precaution in case of emergency.
- Total payment is $1,800. Late penalties and on-time incentives could affect the amount of the final compensation amount. The first $900 will be paid after filming is complete, and the final payment will be made upon satisfactory completion and delivery of the videos.
Draft Timeline of Project
- Intern application deadline: 3/15
- Intern selected: on or around 4/1
- Winning cities chosen: April
- Cities notified: April
- All-Star Site Visit Dates Set: 5/4
- Site Visits/Filming Complete: ideally 6/30 (1st payment issued)
- First Draft of Videos Complete and reviewed by League: three weeks after each site visit
- Second Draft of Videos to League for review: 7/20
- Videos Completed: 8/15
Timeline will be finalized by and agree-upon by the Intern and the Communications Coordinator.
Contact Bethany Crile at (515) 244-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org more information or to submit a resume and work samples.
Post a Comment