Iowa Events Center, Deadline March 31, 2012
This internship will work closely with Group Sales Coordinator in learning sales techniques and best practices of Group Sales.
- Learning experience includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Gain knowledge in how to promote and implement family shows and sporting events to Group Sales customers.
- Learn sales process and selling techniques with both current and prospective clients
- Learn how to research target markets, create promotional materials and develop and implement event promotions.
- Gain knowledge of how to process orders and handle customer seat selections.
- Learn how to update and maintain department databases and spreadsheets, including research and implementation.
- Gain an understanding of facility shows/events.
- Learn and assist with day of event process, including group sales programs along with meet & greets.
Marketing, COMMUNICATION STUDIES
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK
20-30 hours per week * based upon your internship requirements
- College juniors, seniors, or graduate students working for academic credit.
- No financial compensation is available and Housing/Transportation are the Intern’s responsibility.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and a desire to learn
- Able to work in a fast paced environment