Application Deadline April 15, 2012
The Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault in Des Moines is seeking a social media intern to assist with online marketing and communications campaigns to promote the work of the coalition for the Summer and Fall of 2012.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Website updates using social media to promote IowaCASA (i.e. facebook, twitter, myspace, etc.)
- Collecting e- newsletter materials and drafting articles
- Assist with the development of an agency blog
- Researching strategies for targeting new audiences and working with traditional media sources
- Connecting with nonprofits and community organizations to spread the word about IowaCASA
- Maintaining databases and administrative tasks
- A strong interest in working to end sexual assault and a commitment to working for social change.
- An interest in using social media and traditional media outlets to work in conjunction with IowaCASA’s mission.
- Familiarity with social media outlets required.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills.
- Seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual who is able to multi-task and commit to at 10-15 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks.
IowaCASA is a private non-profit organization whose mission is to unite people and organizations to promote a society free from sexual violence and to meet the diverse needs of survivors of sexual assault. IowaCASA has 28 member sexual assault crisis centers serving survivors of sexual assault throughout Iowa. Coalition staff work on several initiatives including: technical assistance and training to member centers; civil legal assistance for survivors of sexual assault, including immigration assistance; improving responses to sexual assault within communities of color; a national project providing peer-based assistance to other sexual assault coalitions; statewide sexual assault prevention; training for allied professionals; and public policy efforts at the state and national level. Learn more about IowaCASA on our webpage: www.iowacasa.org
The internship is unpaid. Receiving academic credit can be arranged.
Please send your resume, cover letter, a brief writing sample (2-3 pages) and a link to 1-2 Social Networking Profiles to:
Kendra Malone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer: Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Name: Kendra Malone
Title: Information Specialist
Phone: (515) 244-7424
Fax: (515) 244-7417
Address: 515 28th Street - Suite 107
Des Moines, Iowa
Post a Comment