St. Joseph, Mo.
Spring 2013 Public Relations Internship
The Second Harvest Community Food Bank in St. Joseph, Mo., is looking for a public relations intern for Spring 2013. The student inter would work approximately 10 hours a week with some flexibility in the schedule.
The intern will develop a positive public relations image for Second Harvest, serve as a community advocate against hunger and uphold and achieve success through the Second Harvest mission, vision and values.
- Author press releases for publication to a regional database or more than 10 media partners across the 19-county service area.
- Author articles for publication in the quarterly newsletter
- Develop content for the Second Harvest blog
- Assist at special events, taking photographs and working at information tables
- Assist with the monitoring of media mentions
- Edit and proofread materials
- Administrative and office duties, as assigned
- Working on a degree in communications, public relations, English or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate to individuals of diverse backgrounds, occupations and personal characteristics
- Strong telephone skills, ability to meet deadlines and ability to work independently and with staff to achieve goals
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Email cover letter, resume and 2-3 writing samples to: