Position: Data/Digital Communications Specialist & Graphic Artist
Hours: Full-time hourly position, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Reports to: President/CEO, Director of Member Services & MO-PEP Director
The person in this position will be responsible for gathering data, creating monthly client reports and submitting monthly traffic to Missouri Public Education radio and television stations. This person will maintain the MBA data base. This person will be the in house graphic artist. This person will develop content for the MBA website and be responsible for the social media of the MBA. Computer video editing skills are not required but would be a plus and over time will need to be learned. This person will be relied upon as the “in house” digital expert and will advise the MBA staff. This person will serve MBA clients, members and the MBA Board.
Essential functions of the position:
- This position will handle the coordination and gathering of all monthly Missouri Public Education (MO-PEP) electronic invoices from members by the 10th of each month. For all stations who do not submit invoices electronically, this position will need to enter all data from paper invoices. This data must be entered by the 3rd week of each month.
- Production of monthly and quarterly invoices and reports for MO-PEP partners by the last week of each month following the previous month when the campaigns aired on member stations.
- Distribution of all traffic to all member stations, at least one week before the start of the next month’s schedules. (exception for holiday periods)
- Maintain and update the member data base.
- This position will be the in-house graphic artist for all print and web materials produced by and for the MBA.
- This position will help develop and maintain content for the website.
- This person will be responsible for and develop content for the MBA in Twitter, Facebook, Linkdn and other social media sites on a regular basis.
- As things progress this position will be relied upon to develop, maintain and advise MBA and members and staff on any future advances in the rapidly changing digital environment.
- Computer video editing skills will eventually be a part of this position. If need be the MBA will offer on the job training in this area.
- Act as back up to Director of Member Services; answer the phone in that person’s absence. During the production of the annual Media Directory, planning and implementation of MBA Convention, Hall of Fame and awards judging, this person will assist the Director of Member Services as directed by that person.
- The Director of Member Services will also act as backup to this position.
- All other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Should there be any difficulty adhering to a specific date listed above, as a result of holidays, vacation or illness, this person must communicate with the President of the MBA in advance so that help can be solicited to complete the tasks in a timely fashion.
- Background Power Point and data base management systems and be proficient in Excel,
- Background in maintaining, developing messages and posting on social media sites.
- Background in graphic arts including Word Press, In Design and Adobe Illustrator in order to develop and help maintain MBA website as well as produce print and web materials for the association.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Professional appearance and manner.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Requires manual dexterity in conjunction with computer input. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, kneel or stand on a stool as necessary.
Missouri Broadcasters Association
1025 Northeast Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65109