10316 W. 79th St.
The Digital Print Specialist delivers world-class customer service to our customers. He or she manages files, converts files, produces graphics and implements print orders. In addition, he or she sorts/collates, operates copiers, fax machines, binding equipment, laminators, among other daily tasks.
The Associate expertly advises customers about products, services, and best-value options based on best-practices knowledge related to our industry. The ideal job candidate has previous customer service experience, a working knowledge of the latest Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative software, excellent computer/internet skills, excellent written and verbal skills, a high school diploma/GED, the physical ability to perform this job, a friendly and genuinely helpful demeanor, and a professional appearance. He or she is driven to succeed and is an energetic self-starter and team-player who is trustworthy and a fast learner.
The major duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Operate high resolution, variable print proprietary imaging equipment
- Program and prepare jobs for printing
- Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery schedules
- Setup, program and release jobs from print queue; adjust image position, color quality and resolution, perforations and folds on paper, etc.
- Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality, make corrections as needed
- Understands and fulfills the needs of walk-in customers and telephone/email inquiries
- Communicates effectively and continuously practices good listening with customers, co-workers, vendors, and leadership
- Empathizes and manages demanding, impatient, and/or frustrated customers to turn a stressful event into a positive experience -- Takes ownership of customers’ print opportunities and offers viable solutions
- Manages the logistics of small to medium projects, follows-through to completion, and updates all parties as needed
- Produces/designs, proofs, and updates materials for print projects using Adobe and Microsoft Suites for both Mac & PC
- Operates all equipment, software, and devices in an expert fashion and is willing to teach others
- Prioritizes and optimizes the work load to streamline the production flow
- Frequently multi-tasks while maintaining extreme attention to detail and high quality control
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe working environment
- Is able to lift paper cartons weighing up to 60 pounds several times per day as needed
- Takes action to learn NEW products, services, alternative solutions, and industry trends as well as occasionally reviewing/retraining on lesser used services
- Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function