NACWAA is seeking applicants for a full-time multimedia coordinator at its national headquarters in the lively Crossroads District of Kansas City. We need an edgy and creative thinker to help build digital content and create next-level story telling for the organization. If you have an expertise in utilizing multimedia platforms like video and podcasts and have an eye for the latest up-and-coming trends in the social and technology space, we want YOU to join our energetic and collaborative team! This position will work closely with department directors to create new content and will be responsible for the execution and delivery of projects as assigned. The newly created multimedia coordinator position will also manage and update NACWAA.org to enhance NACWAA’s online presence - which will include implementing basic search engine optimization (SEO) practices and providing analyses of website analytics, among other things. The position will build and expand NACWAA’s social media footprint and overall impact in the digital space.
- Assist the director of marketing in all multimedia production efforts, including filming, video editing, podcasts, and other digital content creation.
- Assist with monitoring and producing creative, concise, and compelling content for NACWAA social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube) according to association’s social media strategy.
- Monitor social media trends and provide reporting to communicate effectiveness.
- Research website analytics and implement basic SEO best practices.
- Assist in the research & development of mobile apps for National Convention and other key member initiatives.
- Provide additional support to the director of marketing, and other department directors as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficient use of various computer applications and software including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), Final Cut Pro, Google Analytics, Audacity, and other web-based software preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple social media platforms.
- A strong knowledge, or demonstrated interest in, the process of podcast production.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize effectively with little supervision.
- Digitally savvy and eager to keep up with ever-changing technology platforms.
- Demonstrated interest in intercollegiate athletics and women’s leadership.
- Gritty work-ethic and willingness to jump in when needed.
NACWAA promotes an inclusive and wellness-centered workplace, offering benefits such as green smoothies daily, quarterly lunch-and-learns with wellness experts, time off for volunteering and paid maternity leave. NACWAA also offers robust leadership development and personal growth opportunities for staff. In addition to medical, dental, and vision insurance are offered. NACWAA also offers a 401-K plan with employer contributions. If you want to grow, sharpen your talents and flex your creative and “make-a-difference” muscles, we want to meet you!
To Apply: Submit cover letter, résumé, three professional references and two video samples to Sarah Vap, executive assistant, at email@example.com by March 11, 2016. Application packages will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
NACWAA is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse community.