- AMP's publicity department offers paid college internships most relevant to three courses of study: English, Journalism, and Communications.
- During each semester, interns spend the majority of their time writing and designing press materials. Other tasks include website/blog research, promotional mailings, and various administrative tasks.
- Internships are approximately 16 hours per week. Interns adhere to a weekly schedule produced by the intern supervisor in accordance with students' availability and department needs.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR HIRE
- Hard-working, self-motivated, poised, articulate team player
- Work history that demonstrates a solid work ethic
- Proficiency in typing, word processing, email, and Internet
- Attentive to detail, able to work autonomously, balance and prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Fluency and literacy in the English language
- 60 hours of college credit
- GPA of 3.2 or above
- Acquire an overall view of the publishing industry
- Learn to write descriptively, concisely, and persuasively
- Gain a basic understanding of media markets and publications
- Achieve professional development in a business setting
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Shelly Barkes, Publicity, Andrews McMeel Publishing
1130 Walnut Street, Kansas City, MO 64106
Phone: 800.851.8923, ext. 7498 * Fax: 816.581.7498
DEADLINE FOR SUMMER 2014 APPLICATIONS IS APRIL 11