Graphic Design Internship
Great Plains SCPA
Merriam , Kansas (United States)
Great Plains SPCA is seeking a creative and qualified intern to assist in the design, development and production of creative projects. This intern will gain hands-on experience, expand his or her portfolio and professional network, all while working in a fast-paced and friendly environment to help needy animals. Working directly with the Chief of Communications, Manager of Creative Communications and Manager of Online Marketing, this intern will design pieces to increase awareness and raise support for the organization.
Mission of Organization: To save, protect and improve the lives of animals, while strengthening the relationship between pets and their human companions.
Company Description: Great Plains SPCA the Kansas City Metro’s most comprehensive No Kill animal welfare organization, serving more than 30,000 needy pets annually – more than any other agency in the area. Our team works hard every day to be a lifeline to a better future for animals because we know that with a little support, people and pets can build a bond unlike any other to create happier homes and a stronger community that values life and love. Our environment is fun and informal (no suits or ties necessary!) but hard-working (we are passionate about our mission!). It’s hard to have a bad day when you work next to puppies and kittens!
- Design and produce marketing materials including flyers, advertisements, signage, documents and branded pieces.
- Provide support for promotions, campaigns, events, and community awareness with marketing materials.
- Create web graphics for the organization’s website, social media, and e-communication messaging.
- Assist in coordinating production schedules as needed.
- Present concepts given certain specs or content.
Dates/Hours/Location: Semester internship (September – December, January – May, June – August) with flexible hours of 5-15 hours per week. Primary office location at 5428 Antioch Drive, Merriam, Kansas. If necessary, the option to work remotely is available.
Salary Level: This is an unpaid internship, but college credit is offered if it meets the school’s requirements.
- Entering Junior or Senior year; majoring in Graphic Design, Communication Arts or related field.
- Well-versed in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop; experience with HTML a plus.
- Familiar with the procedures and processes to take designs for print and web from concept to completion.
- Able to work within a strict style guide and have a full understanding of brand standards.
- Able to work quickly to meet tight deadlines, while keeping organized and maintaining a high standard of design quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to take direction and work independently.
Mrs. Mallory Montgomery
Manager of Creative Communications
5428 Antioch Drive Merriam, Kansas 66202 United States
Application Instructions: Please provide your cover letter, resume, and at least 5 design samples with brief explanations of each piece to email@example.com. Applications without design samples will not be considered.