Social Media Internship
Pedal America, Chicago, Ill.
Pedal America is a national television series about travel and bicycling. Each 30-minute episode explores a North American locale that travelers can explore by bicycle. The series aims to educate and inspire all viewers to rediscover the basic joys of cycling in national parks and local urban areas.
We distribute through American Public Television to PBS's 366 affiliates in 212 markets and PBS’s Create TV network. We expect our next season to air in 2013/14. If you'd like to see a clip, please visit our website at www.pedalamerica.tv or http://youtu.be/LkiXueNt2J8
The Social Media and Website Design Intern will work closely with the Producer to conceptualize, create, execute, measure and evaluate, and publish website and social media content. Primary duties include learning and helping to grow a national TV show’s social media channels and other digital media projects; and ensure integrated messaging and compatible branding and marketing in social media, particularly focused on building a brand presence and followers.
Core tasks include:
- working with Pedal America’s social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest, including blogs, wikis, widgets, and RSS feeds to strengthen marketing campaigns.
- developing detailed analysis and reporting on performance of social media channels.
- learning to research industry best practices for existing and emerging trends in social media and
- recommending applications to marketing programs.
- updating Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr; integration of tools and third-party applications to build followers, audience and loyalty.
- leveraging social networking sites, tools, plugins, video & photo sharing sites, etc.
- developing relationships with bloggers (demonstrating how we can provide a benefit to them) and leveraging those relationships to expand the Pedal America brand and create and promote content of benefit to our viewers.
- Basic knowledge and experience of web graphic design programs, multimedia programs, and HTML.
- Knowledge/understanding of basic marketing principles and strategies.
- Strong organizational aptitude.
- Strong Internet research skills with the ability to find and compile compelling, relevant content #blog posts, news items, photos, video, etc.; and keep up with trends.
- Interest in recreational bicycling preferred, but not necessary.
Is this a paid position?
Hours per week
- 10 hours and an in-person meeting with the producer and executive producer once a week.
- As soon as possible.
- Candidate will work from home. Needs to have own computer and Internet access. Ability to meet in the downtown Chicago area or Evanston once a week to collaborate on work.
Ira David, Executive Producer email@example.com
Write “CMA INTERNSHIP” in the subject line